Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Journey Begins

I love food.  I am comfortable saying that.  Food is a wonderful thing and our country has so many different styles of food to offer.  Whenever I travel, I always look to find great local food.  I avoid fast food and skip the chains.  Instead, I seek out the locals.  The places where the owners and employees pour their heart and soul into each dish.  Places where families make their living and build their future on the success of their business.  Those are the places where great food can be found.


When I find these places, I get more than a meal.  I get to see someone's passion in their menu, their dishes, the ambiance, and the staff.  Sometimes places hit the mark and other times I am left looking for more.  But I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.  So after being on this journey for some time, I thought it was only prudent that I let others in on my experiences.  What you will find in this blog is the humble opinion of one man.  While I do have some culinary experience and training, I am not Anthony Bourdain or Rachel Ray or Guy Fieri.  Everything I eat isn't the most amazing thing ever and I will gladly let you know.  I will give you the stories behind the food and the places I visit. 

Are you ready for the adventure?  If so then follow along and try to keep up.  I think you will find a lot of good food along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment