Saturday, May 25, 2013

Exciting New Changes to the Site

For some time now, my goal has been simple.  As I travel the country seeking out local cuisine that isn't some corporatized version of food then I report about it here.  The good and the bad.  Fortunately, as I hypothesized at the onset of this project, I have found way more good than bad when it comes to local food.  So as you peruse the posts here, you find them to mostly be about my experiences at these restaurants.  A little while back I also started to throw in an occasional post about something interest from the home kitchen.  Now it's time to address a missing element to this site.

I am super excited to announce we will now be posting regular podcast episodes of a brand new podcast called The Chef's Table.  Each podcast will feature a conversation with one of America's best chefs.  We will discuss their culinary careers from the beginning, find out what fuels their passion for food and gain some insight into what their interests are outside of the kitchen.  Each chef is also asked to share a recipe which speaks to their culinary philosophy and yet is readily accessible for the home cook to prepare.  I can't reveal it yet, but I am already excited about our very first interview next week.  It is with a true culinary legend and I know you will enjoy the episode.

I think this addition brings the site full circle in many ways.  With the existing reviews on the site, I am able to share my opinions and experiences at restaurants, however I don't get to speak to the chefs.  This isn't because I don't have access to them, but instead because I intentionally don't want to speak to them during my visit.  I want to ensure I have an unbiased experience when I am dining and although I may ask a few probing questions of my server I do my best to fly under the radar.  This podcast will allow me to go to the back of the house.  Beyond the taste of the food, the service in the front or the menu pricing.  We will get to see what great chefs are doing everywhere and hopefully expose you to new chefs you didn't know you need to know.

Episode one will be available here and on iTunes.  You can also follow us on social media at:

https://www.facebook.com/thechefstable1

Twitter - @TheChefsTable2

No comments:

Post a Comment